Welcome.Karibu.Machiegni.

... happy you're here, finally. these random thoughts are random, the poetry is from pseudo -poets and any likeness to any human being, living or not so alive, is purely (well, mostly) coincidental. enjoy

06 November, 2009

SPOILING THE CELEBRATIONS

Do not spoil the beauty
Of the Celebrations,
I want so many a lifetime
Smiles to combine;
To enjoy utmostly
The short-lived pride of gowned men
Before the bitterness of potholing
Embraces me.

Scare me not today
Spoil not this occasion
With mention of weeds that await
To choke tender shoots
Tell me not of peakless anthills
Of the world yonder
Do not sing me your dirge-like songs
Of departure.

I do not care
For I want to drown in the glamour
Of this passing moment
And though for a few ‘masaa’,
Let me celebrate…
Ooh.. Let me bask in my laurels,
In the joy of conquest over putrid volumes
Whose authors adopted aerial view
Of mother Earth.

With a reason;
For a season
We ventured to taste
To drink from this fountain of wisdom
But now,
Reason within
Season having glided by
The world awaits
My armour to test.

More than ready too I stand
At point of no return
Where dreams and memories embrace
But for now…
I will rejoice
Ooh let me celebrate
Let the gown fill me with pride
And POWER
Ooh let me Celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment